Quikworx Development Company Limited (trading as ‘121BC’) (‘the Company’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
The information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- signing-up to use our site,
- subscribe to our newsletter,
- search for a product,
- place an order on our site,
- participate in discussion boards or other social media functions (if any) on our site,
- complete a survey, and
- when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, transaction information, personal profile information or other relevant information or correspondence.
We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. We may archive data, however this will only be for as long as the purpose for which it was retained requires.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect details of your visits to our site and the information that you browse or access.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – enables us to operate our site, including our Shopify-hosted store.
- Analytical performance cookies – allows us to monitor visits to our site and how visitors move around our site.
- Functionality cookies – allows us to recognise you when you return to our site and personalise content for you.
- Targeting cookies – records your visit to our site, pages and links which assists with advertising displays relevant to your interests. This information may be shared with third parties.
Our website uses Google analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google Inc. Please refer to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners to find out more about how Google uses data when you use our site and how to control the information sent to Google.
You can block cookies by activating the relevant settings on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, please note that this may affect your browsing experience on our site (ie. some information may not be able to be viewed).
You can also prevent Google’s collection and processing of data by using the Google Ad Settings page or downloading and installing their browser plug-in.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- allowing you to participate in any interactive features on our site;
- complying with laws and regulations outside of Hong Kong SAR;
- legal proceedings including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advice;
- researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars, events, conferences and forums; or
- to notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail, telephone or SMS or e-newsletter) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. You may choose not to receive direct marketing or promotional material by letting us know via our Contact Email Address or contact page.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means. You may choose not to receive direct marketing or promotional material by letting us know via our email or contact page.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will use information we collect about you:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may combine information we collect from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day).
- We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in a certain suburb).
- We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any credit card information provided will be encrypted using SSL technology and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Certain information you provide to us may be collected and stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application in accordance with Shopify’s policies relating to the collection of customer information, available here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. Shopify will store this information on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and Shopify.
YOUR CONSENT AND RIGHTS
By using our service, visiting our site or sharing information, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this Statement.
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Ordinance), individuals have the right:
- To check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
- To require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you which is inaccurate;
- To ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us; and
- To object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes and we shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your objection to us.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at our Contact Email Address.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Ordinance. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.